Saturday, April 30, 2011

Keeping track of ceasefire/peace proposals in Libya

In a previous post of mine I began keeping track of the various ceasefire/peace proposals made in the Libyan conflict.  I will continue to and in the coming weeks.  Though I am just a small irrelevant blogger, I will do all I can not to allow Libya to turn into a another Bosnia (where all the ceasefire/peace plans were dumped into an Orwellian memory hole).

So far I had:
  • African Union Peace plan - rejected (by the rebels)
  • Offer of ceasefire and election - rejected (by UK, FR, IT)
 to which I can add today this
Offer of ceasefire and talks with NATO - rejected (by rebels, NATO)

If anybody hears of more ceasefire/peace offers (made by ANY side, including the rebels) please let me know.  I want to keep a tally here.

Thanks,

The Saker